How to Reach
- If you are reaching Sagar and Holebagilu between 8:30AM - 5:30PM, you can take launcher and reach temple quickly.
- If you are coming between 5:30PM - 8:30AM then you can take Shimoga, Hosanagara, Nitturu and temple by road.
- Sufficient car/vehicle parking is available in temple area with clean toilets and bathrooms.
- After Nitturu roads are more curved, single road and no lights so more care to be taken while driving.
- You can reach to Sagar, then take bus/van to reach Holebagilu, then launcher and temple.
- You can come to Shimoga, Nagar, Nitturu, Tamari and Temple.
- You can come from Kollur then cross Ghats to reach Tamari and Temple
- From Murudeshwara, Bhatkal, Kogaru,Tamari and Temple
- Nearest station to reach is Sagar Jambagaru station which comes after Shimoga town station.
- From this station, you need to take bus/car to Holebagilu and take launcher after it launcher you will get van/car to reach temple.
- From Railway station it is 52 KM to temple
- You can reach to Mangalore Airport and you need to take car/bus to reach temple. Distance from Mangalore airport to temple is 188 KM.
- You can reach to Shimoga Airport and you need to take car/bus to reach temple. Distance from Shimoga airport to temple is 105 KM.
- Or You can travel to Hubli, Shimoga, Sigandur
- Plan your journey first and ensure timely you reach to desired locations to avoid inconvience as transport resources are few.
- If you are using public transport then find out the starting and reaching timings before you take it up.
- Launcher will be available at a gap of 30-45 min and heavy enough to carry car,van or bus also.
- By road you can reach in multiple ways but roads are more curved, dark and mainly single road suggested to drive expert or reach in day time.
- No luxury hotels will be available after Shimoga/Sagar/Kollur/Murudeshwara, plan you stay well in advance, Yes temple rooms are available but during special / Amavasya / Poonam / Jatra days it would be difficult to get, regular days you can rest assured on temple stay.
- Mobile networks are very limited except BSNL and JIO is very much available now with good data connectivity as well as voice.
- No ATM facility is available. Suggested to take necessary cash from Kollur or Sagar.
- You can use UPI payment facility with PayTm,PonePe or other QR payment in and around Temple, but Mobile Network should be JIO.
Important contact numbers
Sagara Bus Stand
Shivamogga Bus Stand
Mangaluru Bus Stand
Sree Gajanana Pvt Bus Services